What does weekly Mathematics provision look like at Kinderley?
- Daily Number of the Day (EYFS)
- Daily Arithmetic focus (KS1/KS2)
- Opportunities for children to grasp a Maths concept through Guided teaching based on the CPA model - Refer to Teaching and Pedagogy below for an explanation.
- Independent/Supported Maths work following on from the Guided session with concrete Maths apparatus available
- Speaking and listening opportunities to embed Maths vocabulary through the Guided teaching session
- Teaching sequences recorded on Working Walls
- Learning Objectives/ success criteria in books – self assessment opportunities daily using a 'tick system'
- Time allocated for children daily to respond to 'Live marking' feedback and 'Next step' comments
- Daily provision for SEND/Intervention pupils through quality first teaching
- Targeted interventions for SEND/Intervention pupils
We teach Mathematics at Kinderley using the Maths Mastery approach and follow the National Curriculum and White Rose Mixed aged planning:
Reception - Autumn, Spring, Summer Click on individual seasons to view
What is Power Maths?
- Power Maths is a whole-class mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and help nurture confidence in maths.
- It has been recommended by the DfE, as a KS1 and KS2 textbook programme judged as, 'fully delivering a mastery approach.'
- The structured approach, which uses textbooks, practice books and online videos, is the only mastery programme created in partnership with White Rose Maths, making it the perfect partner to deliver Maths Mastery teaching.